13.11.2013

Mint Chocolate Cake

TÜRKÇE İÇİN TIKLAYIN "Naneli Çikolatalı Kek"
PER ITALIANO "Torta Menta e Cioccolato"


When I published Ricotta and Sour Cherry Jam Tart's recipe, I had this dark brown - greenish beauty lying in the background in some of the pictures. As promised, the stage is hers today! 

I met this marvellous cake in last Christmas. An acquaintance of Stefano, Simona, gave us this cake as a Christmas present. When I sliced it, we were surprised by its green look, we hadn't seen a cake quite similar before. As for the taste... I wouldn't be wrong to say it was love at first bite. Stefano told me that Simona made it with Bimby (Thermomix's name in Italy) so I didn't lose time to ask for the recipe.

The mint syrup that is used in this recipe is a non-alcoholic syrup which is basically made of mint aroma, water and sugar. 
It is often used to prepare alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks, as salsa over ice-cream or as ingredient while preparing cakes as we will do today.

I bought my mint syrup from supermarket. 
I saw several recipes to prepare it at home, however I didn't try them myself. Some day I intend to try to do my mint syrup at home.
I let you know in case it works well.




Ingredients:
200g sugar
Thinly peeled skin of 1 lemon (without the white)
3 eggs (60g each)
150g butter, softened, cut roughly into pieces
200g milk
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
400g flour
A pinch of salt
200g mint syrup (non-alcoholic)
1 tsp baking powder
75g chocolate chips

Topping:
200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
30g butter


Preparation:


  • Place sugar and lemon peel in TM Bowl. Powderize for 10 seconds on Speed 8.


  • Add eggs, butter, milk and vanilla sugar. Beat for 40 seconds on Speed 5.


  • Sift in flour and salt. Beat for 40 seconds on Speed 5.


  • Add mint syrup and beat 30 seconds on Speed 5.


  • Sift in baking powder. Mix for 20 seconds on Speed 5.
  • Add chocolate chips and mix with spatula.


  • Transfer it into a cake pan which is previously covered with baking paper (or greased and floured).


  • Bake in preheated oven at 160ºC for 50 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick. (I didn't know what size of pan the recipe required. I used a 24cm diameter cake pan. It took me 70 minutes to cook)


  • In a clean and wiped TM Bowl place chocolate in pieces and chop for 10 seconds on Speed 8. Scrape down the sides of TM Bowl with Spatula.
  • Add butter and melt for 4 - 5 minutes at 50ºC on Speed 2-3.


  • Spread melted chocolated over the cake.

  • Let it rest in the fridge for 2 hours before you serve.
 



Enjoy...

I had photographed the cake which Simona sent us for Christmas gift. 
I would like to thank again for this wonderful cake and also the recipe...





Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder