4.10.2011

Lemon Cream Tart

TÜRKÇE İÇİN TIKLAYIN
PER ITALIANO


Lemon Cream Tart was among one of the first cake recipes I made from the 'Bimby' book after my Thermomix was delivered. Back then, let alone the blog itself, I didn't even have the slightest intention nor idea to build a blog on Thermomix recipes. 

Since I don't publish any recipes unless I photograph them and also because I tried many other recipes in the course of time, it took me a while to post this recipe. I made it to take it to a dinner party that we were invited so I couldn't cut it into slices at home to take pictures

When I made this recipe for the first time I found it too sour as was in the book, cream had a too tangy taste for me

This time I made some modifications and it resulted just great. Everyone who tasted gave thumbs up!


Ingredients:

Tart base
300g flour
150g sugar
100g butter
1 egg (60g)
1 egg yolk
1/2 bag of baking powder (around 5-8grams)

Cream
2 lemon peel (without the white)
80g fresh lemon juice
40g water
2 eggs (60g each)
20g butter
110g sugar


Preparation:

  • Put all tart base ingredients in TM Bowl and knead for 1 minute on Speed 6
  • Divide it into 2 pieces as one is smaller the other is bigger. (My bigger weighed 400g to be exact)
  • In clean and dry TM Bowl put lemon peel and grate for 15 seconds on Speed 8
  • Add lemon juice, water, eggs, butter and sugar. Cook for 12 minutes at 90ºC on Speed 3
  • Set aside and let it cool
  • Roll out the bigger piece between 2 pieces of baking paper to fit in an approx 26-28cm tart tin (it should cover also the sides of the tin) Transfer it into the tin with baking paper (Just so you know let me tell you the exact measure of my tin, it is 26cm wide at the bottom, 28cm wide at the top and 4cm deep. Yours doesn't necessarily have to be exactly like mine obviously)
  • Spread cream on tart
  • Roll out the smaller piece between 2 pieces of baking paper to cover the tart
  • With help of the baking paper transfer it gently and cover the cream
  • Fold the sides and seal gently.

  • Bake in preheated oven at 180ºC for 30 minutes. Let it cool at room temperature
  • Sprinkle with icing sugar, cut into slices and serve

Afiyet olsun...


Important!: Pay attention to zest ONLY outer yellow peel and NOT the white inner peel! The white inner peel would make your cream (or whatever else you make) bitter

Adapted with a few changes from the recipe named Torta alla Crema di Limone in Io e il mio Bimby



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder